Monday, July 25, 2011

blog series

I’ve been thinking a lot. That happens. This time though, a good chunk of the thoughts all revolve around trying to live a more faithful, Jesus-centered life. That’s always been a goal of mine, but recently it’s been really weighing on me. What are practical steps I can take in that direction? I doubt I’m alone in this type of question.

I’m approaching a serious transition in my life and that always feels like a good time to make changes in my behavior. It’s a “New Year’s Resolution” kind of thing, except instead of remembering the correct date I have to remember where I live and what I do during the day. I’m not a huge fan of change, but I’m not afraid of it. And I guess if my outward life is going to change, then I’d rather make it a dramatic inward change too.

So I’m about to start a nice little run of blog posts, a series, if you will (and I hope you will). I’m not good at creating solid arguments or compelling persuasive pieces. My mind isn’t often linear. It’s more convoluted than that. So, in advance, I apologize for the randomness of my posts. These will be a series of thoughts that may or may not connect with each other. Ideally I want to post one per day until I run out of thoughts to write, but realistically it’ll probably take me weeks to get stuff out.

Yep, here it goes. Lead on, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment